This juicy, sweet, and soft steak is the very definition of umami taste - subtle yet savory in the finest tradition of highest quality food.
The flavor profile and texture of this cut is perfect for those wanting to really taste the difference of Morgan Ranch Beef, its texture, moisture, richness, and flavor.
Winner of the Wall Street Journal Best Value Award in a blind taste test of Wagyu Beef in the US. Noted for "rich, full flavor" that "literally melted in the mouth".
The Strip Loin comes from the back and is also known as New York Steak, Kansas City Steak and Porterhouse.
Please do not season with steak spices. All this steak needs is quality salt and pepper. For best results let the steak breathe and have it reach room temperature just shortly before cooking. The skillet and the charcoal or gas grill bring excellent results.
1. No factory farming! Humanely raised and treated with respect.
2. No growth hormones, antibiotics or steroids used - ever!
3. Free-range pasture raised and grass-fed on massive land, 100% vegetarian feeding.
4. One farm, one family, one importer - traceability from farm to fork.
5. Certified American Wagyu in the US. (Due to regulations only recognized and sold as US Beef in Japan.)
6. Known as Purebred Wagyu in the US. (Due to regulations only recognized and sold as US Beef in Japan.)
7. Preferred by over 70 top-class gourmet restaurants, including Michelin-starred ones.
8. Morgan Ranch Beef won awards for sustainability, taste and tenderness.
9. Rich in monounsaturated fatty acids Omega 3s and 6s - yes, the good fats.
10. Amazingly flavorful, tender and juicy.
At A Glance
||Certified American Wagyu. The breed contains more than 90% Japanese wagyu genetics. Composition of Wagyu, Angus and Hereford. Due to regulations in Japan only recognized as American beef.
View breeding certificate from the American Wagyu association.
||All year 100% free range and all-natural on 50 square kilometers (over 12000 acres!) in the heart of the sandhills. Sitting on the Ogallala Aquifer - the world's largest underground water resource.
||Dan Morgan and family
||Since 1934, Certified American Wagyu since 1992
||Pasture grass-fed their entire life and finished on maize, alfalfa (aka. lucerne), hay, distillers grains, vitamins and minerals (all vegetarian natural feeding) for 210 days before harvesting.
||100% fully traceable from farm to fork
|Animal By-Products Feeding
||Horizon Farms, Inc., Japan
||Morgan Ranch Inc., USA
Instructions & Cooking Tips
Completely defrost steak in the fridge. For best results: shortly before cooking open the pack and place on the countertop until steak has reached room temperature and the fat parts have become very soft to the touch.
For the Morgan Ranch strip steak we recommend the cast-iron skillet, charcoal grill or a gas grill. All this steak needs is good quality salt and pepper. For the additional taste you can add a whole garlic knob sliced in half and fresh thyme.
Grass-fed high quality butter (no added salt and preservatives) is highly recommended for cooking the steak as it adds an amazing overall flavor to the steak.
The reverse sear method and medium-rare doneness yields best results for Morgan Ranch steaks: slow cook and turn often. Let it sizzle.
Once the core temperature has reached 52 degrees Celcius or 125 degrees Fahrenheit sear on high heat for a couple of seconds until outer layer is crispy and dark brown and the internal temperature has reached 130 degrees Fahrenheit or 55 degrees Celsius.
Remember, the steak will continue to cook as it rests.
Serve with steamed vegetables and a simple salad. You can also slice the steak and share with many guests at a gathering such as a home party or BBQ.
Eat while still warm for soft and buttery flavor and experience.