1. No harmful chemicalsOrganic food is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, which harm the environment and may cause health problems.
2. No GMOsOrganic food is non-GMO, meaning it hasn't been genetically modified.
3. No antibioticsOrganic meat and dairy products come from animals that are not given antibiotics or growth hormones.
4. Natural tasteThe lack of chemicals in farming and the lack of chemical additives and preservatives in food production give organic products a more natural taste.
5. Supports small-scale farmersChoosing organic food supports small-scale farmers and producers. Most organic food is produced and owned by small-scale family businesses.
6. Better for the environmentOrganic farming promotes biodiversity and reduces pollution, helping to preserve the planet for future generations.
7. More sustainableOrganic farming focuses on long-term sustainability and soil health, which holistically helps reduce the environmental impact of food production.
|About the author: Sam Tumeh (Founder & CEO of Horizon Farms, Inc.) has joined the consumer food and meat industry of Japan in 2010.